Vampire Support’s Current Mission:
Raise awareness about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico by putting together miscellaneous projects to encourage the world's youth to speak up for causes they believe in. All proceeds will go towards helping with the relief efforts. The vampire phenomenon has many fandoms and we believe every one of them can come together in a collaborative effort to help out with the Gulf crisis.
Thank you for your support!
Contact Info: vampiresupport@live.com

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vampire Diaries Auction for the Gulf






Hey everyone! Let's get right to the point of this blog entry. The people who follow me on Twitter are well aware that I am going to be hosting an auction sometime in the next few months. All of the money made from the auction will be going directly to GulfAid.org to help with not only the wildlife and coastal environment, but the well being of fisherman and the seafood industry. Julie Plec, one of the lovely writers of The Vampire Diaries, mailed me some Vampire Diaries items and let me just say...they are EPIC. I'm going to keep most of the items a secret for now but ONE of the items is a Vampire Diaries poster signed by Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, and Paul Wesley. Yep, that's the SMALL item.

UPDATE: I made a deal with all of my followers on Twitter that if 5 items from the Vampire Support store was purchased I would reveal what one of the big items that will be up for auction is. Let me just say you guys are FAST. SOOO...drum roll please...one of the epic items is the script for the Pilot episode of The Vampire Diaries signed by the ENTIRE cast! AHH! Continuing on...
All I can say is I LOVE JULIE PLEC. She is so generous! I've also been in touch with Vee, the creator of vampire-diaries.net and she volunteered to donate items for the auction as well. They are also BIG items. Needless to say, I am very excited about this amazing opportunity to raise awareness and money for the people on the gulf coast. I recently contacted my local CW tv station  (for the people outside of the US, its the channel that airs The Vampire Diaries) and they were kind enough to volunteer to help me with publicity for the auction. Seriously, I could not be MORE grateful. The Vampire Diaries community is incredible. That's all I can really say right now. I promise to update you all with information as I receive it. I'm not sure on a date for the auction because I am still waiting on some items and information from cast members. I'm assuming it will be sometime in the next couple of months. When I find out, you all will be the first to know! Make sure to check out my vampire oriented shirts about the oil spill. All proceeds go to GulfAid.org! AND we have support buttons available! Keep your eye out for Gulf Aid awareness bracelets that the lovely Amber Davis is making! If you have any questions please email me at vampiresupport@live.com! Thank you for supporting the gulf!


Buttons: http://www.zazzle.com/vampire_support_button-145711992343736276

P.S. Here are some pictures of the items mentioned about. Believe me, they are 100% real!





No comments:

Post a Comment